Thursday, April 9, 2009

Why run a Write-In campaign for Forks Supervisor?

That is the question. "Why? It can't be for the pay. It can't be for the glory."

They are right. It's not for the token pay and it's not for any glory. I don’t have any acreage to sell and I commute to work like many of you. I live here in Forks Township because I love it here. And, I don't take things for granted.

Forks Township is ever changing. I want these changes to be for the better. Sitting at home and waiting to see how things turn out isn't the way to insure the best outcome. I know that I, like Forks Township, must be proactive.

I served for 1-1/2 years on the Forks Planning Commission (PC). I have a good understanding of what's in our immediate future. I've listened to developers, I've studied plans, and I've spoken out publicly about policy I like and I don’t like. I'm on record as being against high density development in Forks' Farmland Protection District and for open space preservation. I'm on record as being against any changes to Forks' Act 537 Plan - the sewer plan - to accommodate dense development. I'm on record as being against any development that will inevitably lead to higher taxes. I’m for expanding our Parks and Recreation system to include a "passive" park with a walking path, trees, a pond with benches, a place of reflection away from everyday stresses.

I was chairman of the Planning Commission Comprehensive Plan Subcommittee on Farmland & Historic Preservation. The committee's work made recommendations which are currently being reviewed by the appointed Board of Supervisors Ad Hoc Committee for inclusion in the 2009 Forks Township Comprehensive Plan.

I want to fight the good fight. I want Forks Township to evolve into a vibrant, lively community that residents will continue to love and continue to call home. Forks Township has just gone through a period of intense growth. In light of the current economic downturn, many details will need careful scrutiny to assure efficient sustainable services. I look forward to working with local businesses to address their needs and to making Forks a desirable new business destination. To that end, I urge all residents to shop locally whenever possible.

I have integrity. I have high standards. I have energy and vision. I ask that you support my run for Forks Supervisor with your write-in vote on May 19th.

This blog is open to all. Post any questions or comments you have for me here or email them to me at jameswideman@gmail.com.

Jim Wideman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.